EVENT ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE SUNDAY MAIL TRANSURBAN BRIDGE TO BRISBANE FUN RUN
Sunday August 29, 2021
1. Entry into “The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane Fun Run 2021”, a fun run/walk event consisting of a 10km and 4.5km event (“Event”), to be hosted on Sunday August 29, 2021 (“Event Day”) by Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd (“Event Organiser”) is deemed acceptance of these entry terms.
2. The Event is managed by Event Management Solutions Australia Pty Limited ABN 15 156 444 496 (the “Event Manager”). They act on behalf of the “Event Organiser” to provide event services.
3. Entries close:
a. online at www.bridgetobrisbaneday.com.au on Friday August 27, 2021 at 11:59pm;
b. in person at the Race Office on Saturday August 28, 2021 at 12:00pm; and
4. All entrants must complete and submit an online entry form and pay the applicable entry fee at time of entering and wear at all times during the Event the official 2021 race number with timing device supplied to each entrant accepted and registered by the Event Organiser.
5. Entry is not transferable and is only valid for the person whose name and address details are listed in the entry form. All entrants acknowledge any attempt to transfer an entry or allow another person to participate in the Event under the entrant’s name without the Event Organiser’s knowledge may void any applicable insurance and the entrant will be disqualified from the event resulting in no recorded race time.
6. Only 30,000 entrants will be accepted to participation in the Event on event day Sunday August 29, 2021. Once this number is exhausted entries will close and any entries received after this time will not be able to be processed and will be notified by Event Organiser.
7. Each entrant acknowledges insurance may be in place that may provide limited cover to entrants while they are participating in the Event. Entrants understand this insurance will not cover them for all personal injuries, death and/or damage sustained during the Event. Entrants also acknowledge they may be able to, in their own interests and at their own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance in addition to any cover provided by the Event Organiser.
8. To qualify as a finisher in each of the 10km and 4.5km Events, entrants must assemble behind the designated start line, await official start, and then finish the course along the exact route listed on the website www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au.
Entry into the course prior to the official start will result in disqualification, resulting in no recorded race time.
9. Each entrant acknowledges participation in the Event can be inherently dangerous and they are exposed to certain risks during the Event, including personal injury, death and/or property damage/property loss resulting from their participation, including, overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, serious accidents and course and weather conditions.
10. Each entrant acknowledges they will be, at the time of the Event, medically and physically fit for the Event and unaware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause personal injury, death and/or property damage to them or anyone else while participating in the Event.
11. Each entrant will provide via the online entry form or otherwise, details of any medical or physical condition that may affect their performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. Each entrant accepts all risks of participating despite their medical and/or physical condition and forever releases and indemnifies to the fullest extent permitted by law the Event Organiser, the Event Manager, the Event Sponsor or any other Event sponsors, Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; their related bodies corporate and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors and any other person from and against all claims, loss (including consequential loss) and/or costs (including legal costs), whether or not legal proceedings are instituted, irrespective of the means, manner and/or nature of any settlement or determination arising directly and/or indirectly out of, and/or in connection with, the entrant’s participation in the Event, including any Event competitions and/or prize draws.
12. If the release and indemnity provisions as stated in clause 11 are determined to be void, each entrant forever releases and indemnifies the Event Organiser, the Event Manager, the Event Sponsor or any other Event sponsors, Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; their related bodies corporate and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors against all death or personal injury claims arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Event.
13. Each entrant consents to receive any medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, the Event Organiser considers desirable during or after the Event. In the event of an emergency, the entrant authorizes their personal details to be shared with appropriate parties, including, but not limited to, the Event Organiser, Event Manager, medical staff and the entrant’s Emergency Contact. The Event Organiser and/or Event Manager has the right to contact the entrant or their listed Emergency Contact as they consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event.
14. Each entrant acknowledges it is their responsibility to ensure they are appropriately hydrated while participating in the Event.
15. Each entrant acknowledges their entry fee is not refundable.
16. Should an entrant not compete for any reason or the Event is cancelled or
changed by the Event Organiser due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Event Organiser such as bad weather or for safety reasons entry fee is not refundable
17. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Event Owner and Event Organiser reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Event/s for any reason.
If an Event is postponed, all entries will be transferred to the new event date, which may occur outside of the year Entrants have registered for.
If an Event is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, entrants will be provided with the following options:
a. Transfer to a Virtual Event, if a Virtual Event takes place
b. Transfer entry to a future event
c. Transfer to a donation to the Event
d. Request a refund of the entry fee (less applicable delivery fee and additional donations) by the deadline provided by the Event Owner. Requests for refunds made after the deadline will not be processed.
18. Entrants will be notified of postponements and cancellations via the email
address provided in their event entry and via The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane social media channels (Facebook and Instagram). Details on the process to request a refund due to Event cancellation will be provided via email.
19. Each Entrant agrees that they will not attend the Physical Event if the following apply:
a. Entrant displays symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) such as: cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath on the day of the Event or at
any time in the 14 days prior to the Event;
b. Entrant is positive for coronavirus (COVID-19);
c. Entrant has been in contact, or suspects they have been in contact with a person who is diagnosed as coronavirus (COVID -9) positive in the 14 days prior to the event or on the day of the Event;
d. Entrant has travelled overseas in the previous 14 days;
e. Entrant is required to be in quarantine or isolation.
20. Each entrant agrees that they will comply with all Event safety protocols and directions including those requirements specifically relating to COVID
19. Such protocols and directions may be advised by written communication, social media, verbal messaging or announcements, or signage displayed at an Event. Safety protocols and directions may include:
a. Physical distancing requirements;
b. Hand Hygiene requirements;
c. Check in requirements including answering COVID 19 related questions in the lead up to and upon arrival at the Event if required;
d. Density Limits;
e. Capacity limits within the Race venue and start location;\
f. Staggered Event start times;
g. Wearing of face masks if required;
h. Access and Egress requirements.
If the Event Owner or Event Organiser considers that an Entrant breaches this clause, they may disqualify the entrant and direct the entrant to cease participation in the relevant Event immediately and the entrant must comply.
21. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Owner and Event
Organiser may refuse access to the Event/s or require an entrant to leave an Event and/or Event Location including the course route for the Physical Event immediately for the following reasons:
a. For failure to comply with safety protocols and directions as outlined in clause 21;
b. For failure to comply with health and safety directions of the Event Organiser or Event Owner;
c. Entrant displays symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) such as: cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath, or the Event Owner, Event Organiser or their representatives believes the entrant may have or be carrying COVID-19;
d. Entrant has been directed to isolate or quarantine;
22. Entrants agree to notify the Event Owner if they develop symptoms of COVID-19 such as: cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath within 14 days of participating in or attending the Physical Event. Notification can be made by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 1300 55 55 77.
23. Entrants acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and accept the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation in the Physical Event or attendance at any relevant venue or race area for the Physical Event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
24. Organisers may include a Virtual Event participation option where entrants can run from any location using their phone and the Event tracking app.
25. Virtual Event entrants acknowledge and agree they will participate and complete their nominated activity in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk in compliance.
26. Virtual Event entrants acknowledge and agree that the Event Owner and Event Organiser will not provide physical support including aid stations, medical support, volunteers, marshals or medical assistance to any entrant.
27. Virtual Event entrants agree that they have selected an appropriate activity, location and conditions for their level of fitness.
28. Virtual Event entrants agree to adhere to local traffic and road laws and all other laws and regulations when participating in their Virtual Event.
29. Each entrant acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Event and related activities. The Event Organiser and the Event Sponsor are not liable for any damaged/lost goods.
30. All entrants must wear their 2021 official race number (which will contain the timing device) – without this race number you will not be allowed to start the Event, and will not receive a race time. Please do not tamper with the timing device strips on the back of the race number as you may destroy the timing technology and will not receive an official race time.
31. Each entrant consents to, without being compensated in any way, the publication and/or use in any form of media and marketing whatsoever by the Event Organiser, Event Manager or the Event Sponsor or any other Event sponsors, of their name, image, voice, race number, statements, and photographs and films of them taken by the Event Organiser or its contractors, in any context pertaining to the Event or otherwise before, during or after the Event for advertising, promotions or otherwise.
Each entrant’s race time will be published on Tiktok timing website http://tiktok.biz/bridgetobrisbane/2021. Event organisers do not take any responsibility for the information that search engine’s store.
32. Each entrant understands they are not able to collect their Event information kit (including official race number with attached timing device and Event information booklet) on the Event Day. Event race numbers need to be collected prior to 2:00pm Saturday August 28, 2021 from the Race Office during race office hours.
33.The official race office will be announced closer to the date and be open between Thursday 26 and Saturday 28 August, 2021.
34. Each entrant understands their entry form and payment is valid only for the Event distance they have nominated in the Event. Entrants can only participate in the category in which they register; entrants will be disqualified if they compete in a distance other than the distance nominated.
35. Individual entrants can enter and compete in both 10km and 4.5km Events, but will be ineligible to win both. The entrant’s 10km result will be deemed their registered time and awardable prize if applicable.
36. Entrants running with strollers can register for any category (excluding the 4.5km Elite or 10km Elite categories), but must start at the back of their category.
37. To be eligible to register in the 10km Event Blue Elite or Red Runner categories in 2021, male and female entrants must have achieved a maximum official result of 40min and 50min, respectively, in the 10km Event in 2019. Official results from similar events of the same distance will be considered by the Event Organiser.
38. To be eligible to win the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team category in the 10km or 4.5km event all team members must run in their own race number. If a registered or unregistered runner runs in another team members race number that team will be disqualified. Team category winners will be based on the top five fastest times within a team.
39. To be eligible to register in the 4.5km Purple Elite category in 2021, male and female entrants must have achieved a maximum official result of 20min in the 4.5km Event in 2019. Official results from similar events of the same distance will be considered by the Event Organiser.
40. Entrants can enter a team with a minimum of 5 participants in the 4.5km or 10km Event. A team must compete in the same Event distance and category. A team entry must be sent or delivered at the same time, with sufficient payment to cover all entrants.
41. If an entrant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accept and
agree to the terms in the waiver for their child/children/subjects. The parent/guardian is also responsible for the health and safety of their child/children/subjects of guardianship competing in the 4.5km or 10km Events at all times.
42. Entrants will only be permitted to walk or run unassisted, without the aid or use of prohibited items such as bikes, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items when competing in the Event, with the exception of entrants in strollers, wheelchairs or similar devices.
44. Pets, except guide dogs, are not permitted. Participants who have assistance animals, excluding guide dogs, are required to contact the Event Organisers.
44. Strollers, wheelchairs and similar devices must have appropriate safety restraints and meet Australian Safety Standards.
45. To meet the road closure re-opening schedule, Event course cut off times will apply. To ensure the safety of all entrants, any entrant who is unable to meet the Event course cut off times will not be permitted to remain on the roadway. These entrants will be requested to board the official support buses to escort them to the finish site.
46. All entrants acknowledge they will abide by any reasonable directions issued by the Event Organiser, Event Manager and the Police.
47. All entrants acknowledge that the Event Organiser or the Event Manager may remove the entrant from the Event area and/or exclude the entrant from participation in the Event:
a. if the entrant’s behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
b. to prevent damage to any property;
c. on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to the entrant or any other person), or (b) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
48. The Event Organiser may collect personal information about entrants, including the information they provide upon entry. The Event Organiser collects this information for the purpose of processing entries, providing services to entrants, providing entrants with information about other services the Event Organiser offers that may be of interest to entrants (“Secondary Purposes”), facilitating the Event Organiser’s internal business operations, including the fulfillment of any legal requirements, and analysing the Event Organiser’s services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
49. At any time entrants may notify the Event Organiser they do not want the Event Organiser to use their personal information for Secondary Purposes by contacting the Event Organiser by any of the following methods: Email firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: The Privacy Officer, Queensland Newspapers, GPO Box 130, Brisbane QLD 4001. Please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented.
50. The entrant acknowledges the Event Organiser will be entering his or her
personal details contained on the entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to email and SMS event information to them if they have provided an email and/or mobile phone number. Unless otherwise indicated by entrant on this entry form.
51. If the personal information entrants provide to the Event Owner or Event Organiser is incomplete and/or inaccurate, the Event Organiser may be unable to process their entry and/or be unable to provide entrants with the services they are seeking.
53. Entrants that register online will be asked if they wish to fundraise towards their chosen charity via GoFundraise by ticking the box in the registration process. By doing this the entrant grants to the Event Organiser the right to transfer their name, email and phone number to the GoFundraise – The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane event page where they can then begin fundraising on their charity page.
54. Team registrations or mail registrations will need to visit www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au to manually set up their team GoFundraise page.
55. The entry fees for the Event are:
a. 10km – $52.00 (inc GST) March 28, 2021 – June 26,2021 (Early Bird)
b. 4.5km – $42.00 (inc GST) March 28, 2021 – June 26, 2021 (Early Bird)
c. 10km – $57.00 (inc GST) June 27, 2021 – August 28, 2021 (General Entry)**
d. 4.5km – $47.00 (inc GST) June 27, 2021 – August 28, 2021 (General Entry)**
Kids under 15 years of age will receive a $5 donation to the school they have selected during entry. If the entrant does not select a charity the $5 donation will go to The Courier-Mail Children’s Fund. Infants in prams are free but will not receive a race number or event t-shirt.
**The cover price of the Thursday 26/08, Friday 27/08, Saturday 28/8 edition of The Courier Mail (to be collected with your “Race Pack”) and or The Sunday Mail 29/08 (at the conclusion of the event) is included in your B2B entry fee.