5 Minutes With: Channel Nine’s Alison Ariotti
1. Name: Alison Ariotti
2. A little bit about yourself: I’m a wife, mum of three, Channel Nine Journalist and Presenter, and lover of sport and fitness!
4. Why did you choose The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane? I’ve run more Bridge to Brisbane’s than I can remember – love the event for it’s community feel and great fitness vibe.
5. What event are you participating in and who will you be running with? I’ll be running the 10km event.
6. If you could get one message out to people, following your personal experiences, what would it be? If you don’t think you can make the distance, think again, you’ll be so inspired on the day by everyone running and above all it’s great fun! What a fantastic way to explore our beautiful city and challenge yourself!
7. Name three things that are key to living a fulfilled life: Quality time with family, good health, and a willingness to get out there and live life – embrace new adventures!
8. Where is your favourite spot to go for a run in Brisbane? Favourite spot would be down by the river, but mostly hit my local streets – although the hills are a challenge!
9. If you could go for a run with one person (celebrity or not), who would it be and why? I’d love to go for a run with my husband, usually one person is minding the kids while the other exercises, so would be nice to exercise together!
10. Top tip for people training for Bridge to Brisbane: Make the effort to run regularly, you don’t need to clock up many ks – just keep the body moving – and set small goals/ rewards to help motivate you!