5 Minutes With: Hit105’s Brad Ward
- Name: Brad Wood
- A little bit about yourself: I’m 28 years old and work as Hit105’s afternoons announcer.
- Why did you choose Bridge to Brisbane? Last year, I was lucky enough to be the MC of the event and I really got caught in the fun vibe of the whole day, so I made a pledge to myself to give it a go in 2019. And with the backing of the amazing team at Anytime Fitness, I’ve been given help with my training and nutrition, and I’m more confident than ever that I’ll be finishing my very first 10km on Sunday!
- What event are you participating in and who will you be running with? I’ll be running the 10km course on my own this year, but I know a ton of the hit105 team will also be taking part, so I look forward to a bit of friendly rivalry on the course!
- If you could get one message out to people, following your personal experiences, what would it be? Get out of your comfort zone and give it a try. The feeling of accomplishment at the end of achieving something which you would never normally do, far beats something you’re completely comfortable with.
- Name three things that are key to living a fulfilled life: Doing what you love, loving the people you keep around, and championing others ahead of yourself.
- Where is your favourite spot to go for a run in Brisbane? I really love the riverside boardwalks in the city. Hailing from Melbourne, there really isn’t anywhere there where you can run right beside the city (and even if there was, it’d probably be too cold!) so we’re blessed with perfect weather and an absolutely beautiful city, why not make the most of it?
- If you could go for a run with one person (celebrity or not), who would it be and why? I’ve always loved comedian Stephen K Amos, although the danger of running with him would be stopped every five seconds for a laugh!
- Top tip for people training from Bridge to Brisbane: The biggest thing I’ve had to learn is to remember to control my breathing, as it makes running so much easier. In through the nose, out through the mouth!
If you haven’t registered for Race Day, NOW is the time to jump online and do so – Enter now.