Everything you need to know about The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane Finish Village
The countdown is on, with only a few short days until The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane, we know now is the time to finalise your preparations for Race Day, but did you know the adventure doesn’t have to end once you cross the Finish Line?!
In fact, as you run straight into the Finish Village in beautiful South Bank, you have the opportunity to enjoy refreshments, snacks, stretching zones, entertainment and more!
The hardest part? You won’t want to leave!
Here are all the things you need to know about the Finish Village:
- First things first, head over to Anytime Fitness’s stretching zone to make sure you complete your important post-race cool down and take care of those muscles.
- Feeling parched after your run? Of course you are! Channel 9 have you covered with their recovery zone, where participants will receive free cold pressed iced tea to cool down with and a place to… just chill.
- Much like Instagram… if you don’t have event merch, did it even really happen?! Who doesn’t love a memento to remind you of the milestone you’ve achieved? And if that’s not enough, think of the bragging rights! You’ll find funky new activewear at The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane merchandise stand.
- Do you know what would go great with your new merch? New runners! The legends at Brooks Running are giving away a brand-new pair of running shoes EVERY 30 MINUTES on Race Day! This is not a drill! Look out for the Brooks Truck on Little Stanley Street for your chance to win.
- If you’re feeling like you need to unwind and just take a minute to relax, chill out with Hit105’s silent meditation… we can hear the ‘hummmmmmm’s’ calling us already!!
- When it comes to treating our participants, The Westin Brisbane really know what they’re doing! They will be spoiling you with complimentary mini massages and complimentary refuel protein slice (yum) in the Finish Village… and, oh, did I mention a chance to win the ultimate staycation valued at over $3,000!? Visit their station to find out how to enter.
- Are you a subscriber to The Sunday Mail? If not, you’ll want to sign up today to avoid missing out on the exclusive breakfast for Team Sunday Mail. Think bacon, eggs, coffee and more – is there a better way to refuel?!
- You just ran 5km or 10km… you deserve a massage. If the Westin Brisbane complimentary massage station has a line up, not to worry, head over to CQU Chiropractor’s station and get yourself a complimentary massage to help wind down from your run.
- If you want to know more about the new airport runway and what is on the cards for future developments in Brisbane, go see Benny from Brisbane Airport Corporation and the team from Cross River Rail for the low-down
- We know how important it is to replenish your body after sweating it out, and The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane is no different to any other training day. Load up on all of those good vitamins, antioxidants and macronutrients and grab a free piece of fruit, compliments of The Sunday Mail when you cross the finish line.
The fun doesn’t stop in the Finish Village either – South Bank has so many cheeky offerings on Race Day just for you! Take a look at the ‘Bridge Benefits’ blog to find out more.
If you haven’t signed up for The Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane yet, don’t worry it’s not too late. Visit www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au to sign up now. We look forward to seeing you there.