We understand that sometimes it’s not easy to physically join us, so this year we are excited to offer a virtual participation option for you to be part of #B2B2021.
What is a Virtual Race?
A virtual run can be completed from any location you choose. You get to run your own race, at your own pace. We recommend you download The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane app and use this as your official tracker on the morning as this will link into the overall results on the day. Search for Bridge to Brisbane in your app store.
Virtual Race Inclusions:
Access to The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane real time tracker app, where you can start at any time and watch how you compare against others on the 10km or 4.5km course.
Postage (post event)
B2B Virtual Run bib
Digital finisher certificate.
HOW TO RUN THE VIRTUAL BRIDGE TO BRISBANE EVENT
Step 1. Register for the B2B Virtual event and be part of this year’s event no matter where you are.
Step 2. Once registered, you will receive an email with instruction on how to download the dedicated B2B app.
Step 3: Click and claim your profile via the link provided in your email. Once your profile has been claimed, ensure you have allowed location services and that all battery optimisation recommendations have been followed (Android only).
Step 4: Practise as many times as you like prior Sunday 29 August 2021, to ensure a smooth Race Day experience. Work through our FAQs if you are having difficulty or contact our support team via email@example.com.
Step 5: Share the love and refer a mate to enter as well. Run next to them, or on the other side of the world! You’re now virtual race ready!
Step 6. Join us anytime between the official start time and 11.30am, Sunday 29 August.
We’ll track you as if you’re running the actual B2B course – no matter where you are.
Step 7. When you pass the 10km or 4.5km mark, your tracking will stop automatically, and your result will be submitted … time to take that all-important results selfie and share it with your mates!
Be sure to check out our race leaderboards on the B2B App to see how you went.
*Please be aware that in order to participate in The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane Virtual Race you will need to be registered, have a supported Android or Apple mobile device with the Bridge to Brisbane App installed and claim your profile.
ABOUT THE APP
Race to your own beat with our dedicated The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane Run App that provides everything you need for an amazing Race Day experience.
- Personalised App experience with easy, one-time login with all event details in one place.
- You can use your Strava watch or just carry your phone.
- Interactive course map of The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane, with progress notifications as you run. Progress notifications can be sent to your fans as well as your friends competing
- Live tracking using GPS places you on the actual B2B course – no matter where you run.
- Leaderboards and live rankings to see where you’ve placed
- Simple to use with an easy ‘start race button when you’re ready and … GO, GO. GO!
- Auto finish once you pass 10kms or 4.5kms (depending on the distance you have entered) – so we get your best time possible.
- Finish time selfies to share across you social media channels, using #B2B2021
DOWNLOAD OUR APP