As proud sponsor of the Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane, Health and Wellbeing Queensland is sending in the squad – Podsquad – to help Queensland families build healthy habits together.
The cute and colourful Epipods will help support you and your children to get active, one hop, skip and jump at a time, in a free, engaging and interactive app.
If you are preparing for Bridge to Brisbane or want to support your family’s health and wellbeing journey, exploring Podsquad is a great way to start.
Start today for a healthier tomorrow!
The warmer Spring weather has arrived, and it’s time to put on your hat and sunglasses, step into the sunshine and get moving.
Regular physical activity is vitally important for the health benefits it delivers, from boosting energy levels to maintaining a healthier weight, while also preventing and managing serious health problems including depression, heart disease and diabetes.
Explore ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine, such as taking a brisk walk or joining a social sports club. These activities not only help to maintain fitness but also offer the added benefit of fostering social connections, which can enhance positive mental wellbeing.
Today’s 5 physical exercise tips are:
- Get together on the weekend for walks in nature or play in the park or backyard.
- Make walking part of the daily commute to school, shops or public transport.
- Explore a new park or street in your neighbourhood; in rainy weather, make puddle jumping part of the fun.
- Plan a scavenger hunt and challenge the family to tick of a list as you walk, which could be items that start with every letter of the alphabet or different colours or textures.
- Sign up to 10,000 Steps, join a social sports club or walking group, sign up for another fun run or join park run and keep your health and fitness journey alive.
Being physically active every day lifts our energy, improves self-confidence and can increase bone strength. Aim for at least 30 minutes of movement a day.
For more great ideas to get kids healthy and active visit playpodsquad.com.au or download Podsquad for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.